Bilstein B16 Performance Suspension System Kit - PSS9 & PSS10
The Bilstein B16 PSS 9 & PSS 10 are the ultimate race inspired suspension. This suspension is manually adjustable damping system provides settings that range from comfort to competition. The threaded body allows you to accurately adjust your suspension to achieve the ride height, center of gravity and perfect handling in any situation.
The product benefits at a glance:
Download the product PDF
Download the application guide PDF
- Individual settings ranging from maximum Comfort to aggressive Sport can be selected by the twist of a dial (9 on PSS9, 10 on PSS10)
- Threaded body adjustable range of 20 mm at both axles
- Lowering of approx. 30-50 mm at front and rear
- Road-tested and fine-tuned by Bilstein ride engineers, under extreme motorsports conditions
- Spring plates and lock nuts made from a special aluminum alloy
- Surface coating using Triple-C-Technology® for long-lasting corrosion resistance
- Round threads for easy adjustment
- Quality sport springs made from highly durable material
- Gas pressure technology
- Bilstein monotube technology, made in Germany
Monotube Technology - the Number-One Choice in Motorsports
The original and best mono-tube gas pressure shock absorbers all wear the Bilstein name, because Bilstein shock absorbers are the best there is. The number-one choice in motor-sports and for series-production sports cars, the monotube shock absorber has a unique design that affords the freedom to choose the ideal installation position or location.
- Monotube shocks feature a large surface on the working piston which increases the damping power and provides better handling.
- The design of the monotube shock improves the dissipation of heat which improves the life of the shock and enables a consistent and dependable level of absorber performance.
- Bilstein's Upside-Down Technology creates a safer functioning shock absorber.
Gas Pressure Technology - Full Damping Power Under Extreme Stress
Bilstein's gas pressure technology has become an established standard in the automotive industry. By employing a chamber of high pressure gas to keep the oil in the absorber under pressure, Bilstein's Gas Pressure Technology prevents the shock from becoming over-heated. Over-heating can cause the oil within the shock to begin foaming. Because this technology prevents over-heating, Bilstein shock absorbers provide full damping power even when the shocks are placed under extreme stress. This feature is most evident in the self-lowering piston.
- The gas pressure technology allows for a faster responding piston which allows for a higher level of traction and more precise handling.
- With improved traction and handling comes a safer driving experience.
- Ideal in performance and sport suspensions.
Road-Tested by Bilstein - for the Ultimate Driving Experience
In order to achieve the perfect driving experience, Bilstein engineers design their products with the driving experience in mind. This allows them to create innovate technologies which provide a safe comfortable ride even under extreme performance conditions. All Bilstein shock absorbers and suspension kits are rigorously tested to perfection.
In the German town of Nürburg is the Nürburgring motor sport complex. This complex features the Nordschleife, a track where formula one and other races are often held which is comprised of varied driving conditions. This extreme environment is where Bilstein pushes its shocks, struts and suspension kits to the limit. Only when these products can withstand the hardships of this course do they earn the Bilstein label.
Bilstein Round Threads - Fine-Tune Your Vehicle Exactly How You Want It
Bilstein's round threads make it easy to adjust your suspension on the fly so you can fine-tune your vehicle exactly to how you want it. The rounded threads keep the adjustments from binding under the weight of the vehicle, making it possible to adjust your shocks, even after they're installed. Bilstein rounded threads give you the freedom to find a perfect balance for your ride.
- The special rounded thread has no sharp edges making them resistant to damage caused by extreme environments.
- The aluminum spring plates allow you to adjust your ride height, while maintaing a safe and secure hold.
Lowering your Vehicle's Suspension
Lowering your vehicle can give it a more sporty and aggressive look. It can give your vehicle the look and feel of a performance vehicle, regardless of its actual level of performance. However, lowering your suspension can effect and enhance the handling of your vehicle as well. Properties like lowering height, spring rate and spring frequency alter the way a vehicle will handle and should be considered when lowering your vehicle. There are two basic types of lowering: Wedge-shaped Lowering and Uniform Lowering.
Bilstein designs and tests its shocks for lowering applications for perfect aerodynamics, spring travel and lowering heights. This makes these absorbers ideal for a comfortable ride that is suitable for everyday use, on or off the track.
30-50mm - Uniform Lowering
To achieve a uniform lowering, all four shocks are lowered by approximately 30mm - 50mm. This will accentuate the sporty appearance of your vehicle. A uniformly lowered suspension will lower the center of gravity without compromising on comfort and spring travel.
Bilstein-Triple-C-Technology® Guaranteed Enduring Corrosion Protection
Bilstein employs a 3-layer coating system has been developed for ride height adjustable shock absorbers. This triple coating guarantees high-quality threading which is resistant to wear and corrosion for the life of the shock.
- Coating 1: A zinc alloy ensures an excellent bond to the base material, and provides for a long lasting protectant against wear and corrosion.
- Coating 2: The middle coating transforms the zinc layer into a single continuous surface.
- Coating 3: The top coat provides long-term protection to the threads which protects it from corrosion and mechanical wear. It also gives the threads an aesthetically pleasing appearance.
20mm Threaded Body Adjustable Range - Give your vehicle Its Own Unique Style
No two drivers are the same, so give your ride a its own unique style. Bilstein shock absorbers employ a threaded body so that the ride height can be adjusted. Find your vehicle's unique look with Bilstein Adjustable Range Shock Absorbers.
- Aluminum alloy spring plates and lock nuts made specially to ensure maximum stability, even at the minimum weight.
- Bilstein's specially developed round threads and triple coating technology allows for easy adjustment by up to +/-20mm.
- Bilstein's sport springs are made from a heavy duty and extremely durable material which delivers a solid driving experience at any setting and every situation.
Adjustable Systems - Get the Most Out of Your Suspension
You can encounter many different road types in your daily routine. Get the most out of your suspension in every situation with Bilstein shock absorbers with adjustable settings. These shocks allow you to switch setting easily without rebuilding.
- Bilstein shock absorbers with adjustable settings are tested relentlessly in a myriad of road tests
- Parallel settings in rebound and compression cycles, for balanced driving characteristics.
- Find the perfect driving characteristics by adjusting your settings of your shock absorbers.
PSS 9 & PSS 10 - Tune your Suspension with Exact Precision
The Bilstein PSS9 and PSS10 suspension systems offer the ultimate adjustable sports suspension.
- These shocks feature 9 or 10 different settings for a precise parallel damping adjustment.
- Adjust the setting if your shocks with the turn a of dial, even while the kit is installed.