Bilstein B6 Shock Absorber
Please Note: Pricing is for (1) shock. It is recommended that you replace shocks in pairs (both front shocks, or both rear shocks).
For superior suspension performance, look no further than the Bilstein B6 Series shock absorber. Whether its improved control, handling, performance or just a smoother and more comfortable ride, the Bilstein B6 shock absorber for passenger cars, light trucks and SUVs are the perfect solution.
The product benefits at a glance:
Download the product PDF
Download the application guide PDF
- Monotube gas pressure construction
- Improved ride and handling
- Added traction and enhanced stability
- Increased performance while maintaining ride comfort, even when hauling or towing heavy loads.
- Road-tested and fine-tuned by Bilstein for each vehicle specific application.
B6 (C) Comfort Setting
Bilstein B6 Comfort gas pressure shocks and struts are for the driver who wants maximum ride comfort, with the virtual elimination of “bottoming out” and vehicle sway. These shocks generally maintain and, in many cases, enhance a vehicle’s original ride qualities while increasing road-handling and overall stability.
B6 (HD) Heavy Duty Setting
Bilstein B6 Heavy Duty gas pressure shocks and struts are the ideal choice for most vehicles, including full-size sedans, SUVs and trucks. These shocks provide improved handling and stability, without sacrificing ride comfort. They offer super damping ability that makes them ideal for the driver who demands superior performance, while maintaining an exceptional street ride. (Painted Finish)
Monotube Technology - the Number-One Choice in Motorsports
The original and best mono-tube gas pressure shock absorbers all wear the Bilstein name, because Bilstein shock absorbers are the best there is. The number-one choice in motor-sports and for series-production sports cars, the monotube shock absorber has a unique design that affords the freedom to choose the ideal installation position or location.
- Monotube shocks feature a large surface on the working piston which increases the damping power and provides better handling.
- The design of the monotube shock improves the dissipation of heat which improves the life of the shock and enables a consistent and dependable level of absorber performance.
- Bilstein's Upside-Down Technology creates a safer functioning shock absorber.
Twin-tube Technology - Quality Proven Under Rigorous Testing
The twin-tube shock absorber is time tested and are used in most vehicles. Bilstein‘s twin-tube absorbers are “original equipment manufacturer” quality and have undergone extensive testing. These Bilstein twin-tube shocks offer a noticeable improvement over standard twin-tube shock absorbers. They can be installed quickly and easily.
- Twin-tube shocks employ oil or gas pressure technology.
- All twin-tube shock absorbers are OEM quality and rigorously tested.
- Twin-tube shocks are more affordably priced than mono-tube shocks, while still providing a high level of performance.
Gas Pressure Technology - Full Damping Power Under Extreme Stress
Bilstein's gas pressure technology has become an established standard in the automotive industry. By employing a chamber of high pressure gas to keep the oil in the absorber under pressure, Bilstein's Gas Pressure Technology prevents the shock from becoming over-heated. Over-heating can cause the oil within the shock to begin foaming. Because this technology prevents over-heating, Bilstein shock absorbers provide full damping power even when the shocks are placed under extreme stress. This feature is most evident in the self-lowering piston.
- The gas pressure technology allows for a faster responding piston which allows for a higher level of traction and more precise handling.
- With improved traction and handling comes a safer driving experience.
- Ideal in performance and sport suspensions.
Road-Tested by Bilstein - for the Ultimate Driving Experience
In order to achieve the perfect driving experience, Bilstein engineers design their products with the driving experience in mind. This allows them to create innovate technologies which provide a safe comfortable ride even under extreme performance conditions. All Bilstein shock absorbers and suspension kits are rigorously tested to perfection.
In the German town of Nürburg is the Nürburgring motor sport complex. This complex features the Nordschleife, a track where formula one and other races are often held which is comprised of varied driving conditions. This extreme environment is where Bilstein pushes its shocks, struts and suspension kits to the limit. Only when these products can withstand the hardships of this course do they earn the Bilstein label.